Page Turners

Here is a list of books that have been shared on KMA's Page Turners with the Shenandoah Public Library.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Patricia McKillip books -

Today I picked up "Solstice Wood" by Patricia McKillip. I haven't read it yet, so this review won't cover that title. However, it made me remember just how much I enjoyed other books by the same author, so I thought I'd bring them to our readers' attention. Patricia McKillip writes fairy tales, but not the fairy tales you remember. Rather, she weaves new stories using motifs as old as language. Her worlds are familiar, yet strange and mysterious, both beautiful and dangerous. Each tale unfolds slowly, leisurely like a flowing stream, yet the reader is pulled irresistably into the current. I recommend in particular "Song for the Basilisk," although I also very much enjoyed "Winter Rose" and "The Book of Atrix Wolfe."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home