Page Turners

Here is a list of books that have been shared on KMA's Page Turners with the Shenandoah Public Library.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Go on a Shelfari! -

So, after a long absence from this blog, I'm back! In the interval, I've read quite a few books, including D.J. MacHale's Pendragon teen time-travel adventure series, Anne McCaffrey's Acorna and Acorna's Children series of science fiction/fantasy novels about a unicorn-girl, Horizontal World: Growing Up Wild in the Middle of Nowhere - an autobiography on growing up in North Dakota by Debra Marquart, and Winter Rose by Patricia McKillip, a retelling of the classic fairy-tale of Tam Lin. All were worth the time to read, although I didn't fall in love with any of them.

I've also found a great way to share the books I've been reading and what I thought of them with other bibliophiles. The website www.shelfari.com is a social networking site where you can fill a bookshelf with books you've loved or hated, rate books, review books, ask for recommendations and more. I update my shelf at least a couple of times a week. If you want to see what other books I've read and loved, you can browse my shelf at http://www.shelfari.com/silver_wings_42, or you can get signed up for your own shelf and join in the book-loving fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home